woensdag 13 februari 2008

Johnny Depp says he is scared of karaoke

The actor Johnny Depp, who sings in new movie musical “Sweeney Todd” by director Tim Burton, said he has never tried karaoke. And he admitted he would need to be seriously drunk before having a go. When he was asked what his favourite karaoke song is, Depp replied: “Honestly, I’ve always been frightened of it. I’ve never tried it. It scares the hell out of me. I’ve never been that drunk. I’ve been drunk, but not that drunk.”

Depp plays the Demon Barber of Fleet Street in the Tim Burton film. But he said he was terrified when he got the part because he had never sung before. Depp added: “I was probably more frightened than anyone. I had never sung before in my life. So I thought it was important that I kept it very low-key.” Initially he did demos in his friend’s garage studio because he didn’t know if he’d be able to hit a note. “I sent the demo to Tim, crossed my fingers and waited for the outcome.” He told a US magazine: “I really went through some angst.”

Hollywood hunk Johnny Depp has warned his fans he won’t be singing again anytime soon. So he said on the red carpet of the London premiere of the new Tim Burton film. Depp who stars as the singing demon barber told screaming fans: “It took me a while to get used to singing but because I had so much of it I had to get used to it. I’ve never done it before and I’ll never do it again!”. Depp also dismissed reports that he would have used a quilted padding to enhance his manhood in the movie.

Hannelore Glibert

Geen opmerkingen: